AirBubble Surf Vest by kKrows
Our Surf Vest allows you take a few breaths of air underwater, in case you need it.
AirBubble by kKrows is an innovative Surf Vest!
AirBubble is an air source, a surf vest patented design (patent # 14/986,038) that allows you take a few breaths of air underwater in case you need it and consists of a reusable water-permeable reservoir, which is fitted inside kKrows’ neoprene flotation vest.
Kelly is one of the founders of kKrows. This is the story of how the AirBubble Surf Vest by kKrows came about:
“While surfing in Peru, I got slammed to the bottom by a close-out barrel. The wave’s massive explosion blew up my wetsuit, filled it up with water, and pummeled me deep down. When I was about to resurface, a second wave crashed and held me down even longer. I saw the nearby air bubbles and had no other option, so I grabbed the bubbles in one big scooping motion and breathed them in. Reinvigorated with a little air, I was able to sustain my breath until I could reach the surface. Thus, the "AirBubble" idea was born.”
How to inflate the AirBubble Reservoir
1. Put on the Surf Vest: Zip down, velcro and buckle the Surf Vest
2. Insert Air Pump onto Mouth Piece and hold with one hand
3. Open Mouth Piece Valve with other hand
4. Pump air into Mouth Piece and stop when you feel resistance at the pump (approx. 10-12 pumps)
5. Close Mouth Piece Valve and close Mouth Piece Cap
6. Velcro Mouth Piece Hose onto Surf Vest
How to access the AirBubble Air
1. Reach for the Mouth Piece & Hose velcroed onto your right chest
2. Remove Mouth Piece Cap with your fingers
3. Insert Mouth Piece in your mouth
4. Gently open Mouth Piece Valve (to avoid excessive air flow)
5. Close Mouth Piece Valve after each breath (to prevent all air from escaping)
6. Do not exhale into Mouth Piece!
7. Take up to 3 breaths as needed (inhale only).
The AirBubble Surf Vest will provide additional flotation and impact resistance on chest, ribs and back. It will also provide a few breaths of air in case you get held down underwater. We highly recommend you practice in a swimming pool prior to using the AirBubble Surf Vest in open waters.
The AirBubble Surf Vest comes in two sizes: "Adults", which fits men sizes M/L and "Junior", which fits teens and women sizes S/M. All sizes are short fit.
The "AirBubble Reservoir" (air bag) can be removed and a flotation pad (included) can be added for a more simple surf vest experience (jetski, boating, wakeboard, wakeskate, foil, etc). In addition you may tie your bathing suit strings trough the holes on the waistband for a more secure fit.
Never surf beyond your skill level. Our surf vest is only intended to provide some flotation, light padding, and a few breaths of air under water in case you need it. Whether you surf, white-water raft, wakesurf, wakeskate, foil, snorkel, or enjoy any other water sport, the AirBubble vest is a must-have!
THE AIRBUBBLE VEST IS NOT A LIFE SAVING DEVICE, BUT IT MAY HELP YOU TAKE A FEW BREATHS OF AIR UNDERWATER AND PROVIDE SOME PADDING & FLOTATION IN CASE YOU NEED IT.
kKrows is introducing AirBubble with an initial limited production. The Air Bubble will be shipped free in the US!
The kKrows Team